Then there was the whole student thing. Wow, that made things crazy poor. All the time.
ANYWAY, this is about going green not money. But money is green and as far as I can tell one must have a fair amount of green money in order to afford conservation and "green living". I can't shop at whole foods, buy those 7$ light bulbs, buy bags for grocery shopping, get a hybrid vehicle, re-plumb my house-don't forget solar panels on my roof . . . I don't even have a roof yet!
So, when I graduated and I got this job, the first thing I did (and have been longing, LONGING to do, is step in the right direction-the "green" direction.
Now, there are those of you who think that global warming and Al Gore's jet plane are a huge hoax and you are entitled to your own opinion. But me? I have always been a lover of the trees. I am the LORAX I speak for the trees. AND THEY ARE SO NOT HAPPY. So, I bought those 7$ light bulbs and switched over my whole house. Very nice. I bought a low flow shower head and a toilet adapter (never thought that was real) to conserve water. I bought a water filter that fits on the faucet so I can make my own "drinking water" instead of buy someone else's tap water in a bottle that will just add to land fills. I even donated reusable cloth diapers to the cutes bum on the whole earth! and man oh man, those things are cool! Bum Genius is right!
Well, the next thing was to buy an electric car or let William convert mine to water powered. The flame has GOT to go! I can feel the ozone following us. Poor flame, she needs to be retired. So I got a hybrid. I fronted the money on Memorial day and I bought a hybrid. And now it only takes me 15 minutes to get to work (as opposed to 30)!
The bike is a hybrid, its have track bike and half mountain bike. It's so light I can't believe it, and the tires are midsize so it corners really REALLY well. The frame is super well balanced and its really comfortable. The handlebars adjust to different positions so you can ride more upright or more racing stance. Its nice to ride to work
.......flying
.......past that eternal row of cars
.............I used to be that A/C full blast gas guzzler
.............in Houston as of yesterday Regular gas is $3.89
...........flying, in the breezy sunshine......
..............past "traffic"...................
.......past that eternal row of cars
.............I used to be that A/C full blast gas guzzler
.............in Houston as of yesterday Regular gas is $3.89
...........flying, in the breezy sunshine......
..............past "traffic"...................
...........................SUCKA!
No comments:
Post a Comment