January 2010
I bought a treadmill because I choked on Black Friday and missed out on my chance for a new washer and dryer. And then later this month I went out and got the washer and dryer of my dreams. William was enrolled in school and taking full time classes. We went on a Gonzales family cruise for Christmas 2009 and it was a blast. Thanks dad!
February 2010
A NEW HOME! Not ours, just renting but ADORABLE. A cute little house made in 1950 with the ironing board attached to the wall in the kitchen-LOVE! 2 bedroom house at the end of a street in Bellaire, TX. I love how MUCH CHEAPER than our last stuffy apt and it is WIDE OPEN SPACES. Our neighbors to the East are a field of 7 horses, to the North are a huge flock of endangered Argentinean bright green parrots (flock!), to the East no one, a house yet to be rented, and to the rear- Our garden! We have so much space we LOVE it!
March 2010
William got his gun handler's license and a nice new shiny gun from Febbos and me. I got the washer and dryer (early) and we celebrated our birthdays together. Spring break was full of work and visiting the folks in Dallas.
April 2010
William finished his classes. Shelley worked MORE (if that's humanly possible) and got to go to an amazing youth conference with church. We did some experiential education stuff and had a blast at a gorgeous piece of land in the hill country. And I spent some time in court for traffic stuff that finally got wrapped up thanks to that JERK in BRYAN TEXAS from 3 years ago! UGH!
May 2010
Found out are lovely sibs were going to adopt a cute little squish. Shelley got released from Young Womens (sadface) and William got called to scouts (happy grin!) Interns were done and school was out, Baylor was quiet again. My sister P gradumacated and I got to go to Indiana to see. While I was there I got to see Yasthmina run the half marathon and that was super good times!
June 2010
Fun times visit to Vegas to see my darling Jensens and their new peanut Ellie. We started reading 7 Habits at work and had an AMAZING summer of overcoming obstacles and growth. The work was easy and the summer was mild. We harvested a LOT of basil, peppers, beans, squash etc.
July 2010
Cupcake chaos! William and Febbos started mmm...cupcake, the best cake I've EVER tasted. We pulled an all nighter making 1,300 cupcakes. Business was slow that day but so were we (so tired!) We found out that our dearest friends the Erik and Cori were moving (super sad face!) My sister Annie got married to the mayor and we had so much fun at their celebration! Our loving family member The FLAME 2 passed away, threw a rod on the freeway and gave room in our world for a Ford Focus (which can't read, write and isn't even standard transmission) UGH!
August 2010
We found out our friends Erik and Cori were expecting a Lilly and baby JR3 was born. More cupcakes and long hours at Baylor. The busy-ness begins. HOT! times but fun lazy Sunday's at mom and dads', not to mention a new adopted niece Mia and nephew Eli. Love having young one's around. We also happened upon HELO (hee-low) our brave kitty who thinks he is a dog. He is such a crack up to have around. I saw him hugging the curb on the 610 frontage road and got out to "save him". He jumped into my CAR and then into my arms. Adopted! And we are NOT cat people.
September 2010
Something exciting happened, I'm sure, but we were too busy working our trash off to notice. We did a lot of time with the Hites to and from work, lots of time at Baylor with interns/youth, lots of time in the cupcake truck, lots of time at church....hmmm.... Oh yes, I got my name legally changed. FINALLY and after TOO MUCH HASSLE I became officially SHELLEY GONZALES... first and last. Feels good!
October 2010
The big news breaks that my parents are getting divorced. It was a rough time but I think we are all on our journey and things are looking bright. William and I went to Dallas to visit David and the state fair of Texas... love those swings. Work is in full force. I had an epiphany that I was tired of working so hard when I really didn't have to. We planned lots more vacations! We also found out that Febbos are expecting a little one too!
November 2010
LOTS of work at Baylor Community Programs with the youth. Lots more emotional struggles but overall a surprising revelation that though the world was in complete chaos... I was feeling pretty good. William and I spent Thanksgiving break at the Reids (Annie and Brad) in Dallas with my mom and David. It was super fun! Fire pits, football, all the siblings together again, fried turkey, gorgeous weather and amazing southern hospitality. My darling little niece Elliana was born to Raf and Marie Pierre. She is SO AMAZING, it was wonderful to see her!
December 2010
Great times at work and home ensue. We spent the holidays at Mama Gina's and had a wonderful vacation. William and I are having a lot of fun together these past few months. I’ve been working less and so has he. We chill around the house and play fun pranks… it’s been nice to be back at home….. although the dishes still don’t get done. Hmmm. It is so relaxing and good to be around family and play like a kid again. We got to see Dave, Lasa Chiquita for Kerstmas. I got the best gift I’ve ever received- custom 38 inch fire pit from my darling husband. And a sewing machine from Mama Gina and Dad! Yay!
All in all I learned A LOT about myself and a lot about who I am in life (work, home, church etc)
I found this quote and it has been with me, reflective and a part of my new year's plan....
"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin- real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time to still to be served, a debt to be paid, a task left undone. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles and experiences were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is the journey not the destination." –souza
And this one from my HABITS journey
“The key to your ability to change is a changeless sense of who you are, what you are about and what you value.” –Covey
Just a sneak peak of the Shelley and William that is to come!
Cheers to you and yours and your joy and learning that comes from the journey.
Shelley and William Gonzales-2010
PS I attached our "Christmas pics"
No comments:
Post a Comment